Tuesday, September 28, 2010

8 days and counting!

ok, so the countdown is on! biscuit is stretching out as i write this...aaaahhhgg...ouch! i am ready to meet the baby booger and kiss its little toes! pregnancy has been an amazing experience! it is bittersweet to know that i've had this little baby all to myself and now i have to share, however...now i get to share!!! and i am ready to squeeze this sucker out.

we had our 39 week appointment with our midwife yesterday. still at about 15 pounds of baby weight on me and the old uterus is measuring 37 inches. she says that the biscuit is starting to settle in my pelvis and is still growing. heart rate was between 150-160...the baby was squirming as usual. never stays still. an active baby is a healthy baby, i say!

based on measurements and gut feelings...maggie estimates a birthweight of about 8" 10 oz. (she says she reserves the right to re-estimate when i go into labor.) since the baby is 'right occiput posterior' (head down, back along my right side), they say that this will make for a quick intense labor, in their experience anyway. that sounds like duke and me, doesn't it?

i am really not worried about the birth...it is the anticipation that is killing me! when, WHEN! the midwives say that it is their job to create a "holy birthing place" for us. they will intervene only if they have to, as well as be there to catch the biscuit. we will have the birthing tub there to labor in, however, since i have gd...they won't let me push in the water. i am considered a high risk pregnancy. with that being said, maggie called me her star patient and suggested that i write an article for parenting magazine to give other moms to be heathy snack options and what not, since food is my passion. maybe i can make some money off of this gd thing.

our great friend melissa will be in the birthing room with us. she attended our birthing classes and will help us to relax and massage me (she is an LMT.) she has a very calming way about her. it will be nice to help take some pressure off from duke too. she gave me an amazing massage on sunday...if only i could wake up and go to sleep that way everyday!

sleeping is quite a challenge these days. i go back to the beginning of this blog and repeat...I AM READY TO MEET THIS BABY ON THE OUTSIDE!

we'll keep you posted...xo t and biscuit

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The leaves are turning bright. The air is cooler and smells of change. All signs that the biscuit's day is near. I love that the biscuit will look forward to these visual cues each year just as his mom and I do because it holds the birthday magic for him as well.

    Yes, I said him.
    Aunt Marianna's winning bet: it's a boy 8lb 7oz, born October 7th at 5:23pm.

    I love y'all very much! All three of you!

    ReplyDelete