Monday, July 19, 2010

sweet biscuit

yup...i have gestational diabetes. ah crap. tomorrow, i have an appointment with the dietician. she will help me regulate my sugar levels through my food intake. i go to visit the midwife in a week and then in two weeks, so that they can make sure that my glucose meter matches up with my blood work in the lab.

if i cannot be regulated through my diet, then i'll have to be put on meds. however, i am pretty confident that i can stay away from simple carbohydrates and sugar for 2.5 months. the biscuit is worth it.

most likely, they will not let me have a waterbirth. guess that will save $100. they won't let you birth in the water if there is any chance of complications. i can still expect/hope to birth naturally though. i am sure that i can push out up to a ten pounder at least! (cross your fingers for me, that it won't be necessary.) haha!

all should return to normal after the baby is born.

xoxo t and biscuit

No comments:

Post a Comment